It is definitely tomato season and a great way to enjoy and appreciate tomatoes (in my opinion) is a Caprese Salad! I am not a huge fan of plain tomatoes and I am for sure not the type of person that can take a big bite out of a tomato as if it were an apple or munch on cherry tomatoes. However, I am IN LOVE with this refreshing salad that is so fresh and rewarding on a summer night.
Ingredients (serves 3-4 people):
- 2 Greenhouse Tomatoes
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Balsamic Vinegar
- Pink Himalayan Sea Salt
- Coarse Kosher Salt
- 1 container of Fresh Basil
- 2 Fresh Mozzarella Cheese
- Cut the Tomatoes into thin 1/4 inch slices (I need to learn how to cut a tomato into uniform slices… sorry the appearance isn’t Food Network worthy).
- Cut the Mozzarella Cheese Ball into slices around the same thickness as the Tomatoes.
- Remove the Basil leaves from the stem
- Layer the Mozzarella, Basil, and Tomato until the plate is full and ingredients are used.
- Drizzle Extra Virgin Olive Oil and Balsamic Vinegar on top of the layers.
- Add a dash of Sea Salt and Kosher Salt (or to desired taste – you can also add pepper if you would like).